Confirmations: Confirmations are sent out 1-2 business days prior to first day of class via EMAIL. Directions to the class location will be included.
Completion Letters / Transcripts: MBREA emails certified completion letters upon successful completion of a course/seminar. Additional copies are free for members and $25.00 for non-members.
Course Materials: Course materials/texts are included in the registration fee.
Credit Hours: All scheduled classroom hours must be attended in order to receive credit.
Exam Retake Policy: There is only one retake of an exam allowed if you do not pass the original exam. (You may retake the National USPAP 15 hour course exam two times for a total of three attempts.) Exam retakes must be scheduled within 3 months of the original exam. There is a $50 exam retake fee for non-members. Call the MBREA office at 617-830-4530 for an appointment. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive allotted hours of class credit.
Refund Policy: Full refunds will be made if MBREA cancels a class. A full refund, less a $25.00 administrative fee, will be given if your cancellation notice is received 2 FULL business days prior to class. (For example: If class/seminar/event is on a Thursday, you would have to call us by that Monday of that week at the latest to be eligible for a refund). No refunds are given for cancellations received within 2 FULL business days prior to the scheduled class. Pre-registered no shows will be billed.
Calculator Required for Class: A calculator is highly recommended any income property seminars.
Class Cancellation/Postponement Information: Please be sure to include an emergency (mobile) telephone number and email on your class registration form so that MBREA staff can reach you if a class must be cancelled or postponed. If a class is cancelled or postponed due to severe weather conditions or other emergency situations, please call administrative offices at 617-830-4530 for a recorded message. Weather-related class cancellations will also be posted on the homepage of this website and students will be contacted directly through email.
Should a student need to cancel or switch into another class, they must contact MBREA at 617-830-4530 and speak to a live MBREA representative. In order to receive a refund, a student must contact and speak to a MBREA representative, at least 2 full business days prior to when the class begins. Absolutely no refunds or switching into other classes are given for cancellations after that time.
Please note that these policies and information are applicable only to the following locations: Hampton Inn - Braintree, North Shore Hotel - Danvers, Cape Cod and the Islands Associationof Realtors, Southeastern MA Association of Realtors - Taunton, and any other Hotel held event. Please contact our Education Partners to get their policies and general registration information.
MBREA seeks to provide our students a positive and effective learning experience. Doing so requires asking you to respect and follow these guidelines:
- State education regulations require us to monitor the amount of time you spend in the classroom. Absences that extend beyond scheduled breaks and lunch may result in our inability to provide you with credit for the class.
- Please do not leave the classroom while the class is in session to make or receive telephone calls.
- Use of laptops during class is prohibited, except when used as part of the classroom instruction and their use is permitted by the instructor.
- Most locations have WIFI available however, there should be no internet use during class instruction time. Laptops are to be stored under the table while the class is in session.
- Please turn your cell phones off. If you are expecting an urgent call, please discuss this with the instructor before the class begins.
- During class, please do not accept or make telephone calls or receive or send text messages, emails or engage in other communications with business associates and others.
- Please do not have ongoing conversations with those near you or engage in other behavior that distracts from the class.
- Reading non-course/seminar materials, such as newspapers and books must be put away during class, unless they are being used in the class instruction.
- In the case of extraordinary circumstances or events not covered under these policies, the decision of the instructor and/or the MBREA will apply.