Start Date: 10/25/2017 8:30 AM EST
End Date: 10/25/2017 4:30 PM EST
Venue Name: Holiday Inn Express
321 Center Street
MBREA|The Association for Valuation Professionals
Discounted pricing for members available until October 17th. Save $30 by signing up early.
Credit Info: Residential Appraising: New Things to Think About is approved in MA, NH, RI & VT and submitted to CT for up to 7-hours of residential continuing education. It may be used by appraisers in Maine as it is AQB approved*.
*MBREA offers this AQB approved course as a secondary provider for the IAAO.
This seminar is designed to explore some contemporary residential appraising issues as well as some of the more difficult and controversial issues in residential mortgage lending appraisals. Topics that will be covered include:
$140 MBREA members for registrations made before October 18, 2017
- Situations where an appraiser may need a different skill set to develop a credible analysis.
- Appraisal problems that require an appraiser to get help or pursue further study.
- Situations where the highest and best use is to remove the residence and redevelop the real estate.
- The need to identify the most likely buyer for the subject and what data will give evidence of that buyer’s motivations.
- Methods to extract and support adjustments or adjustment rates in residential quantitative analyses.
- The need for market analysis in residential appraisals and the impact on credibility of a well- prepared analysis and report.
- Development of a market analysis in residential appraisals including sources of data, reliability of data, and statistical tools available in the market to support a market conditions conclusion.
- The need for some appraisal reports to stipulate the strengths and weaknesses and to give the client an idea of the credibility of the results.
$175 MBREA members for registration made on or after October 19, 2017
Instructors: Chet Nicora, MRA and Mike Nicora, RA