Confirmations: Confirmations are sent out 1-2 business days prior to first day of class via EMAIL. Directions to the class location will be included.
Completion Letters / Transcripts: MBREA emails certified completion letters upon successful completion of a course/seminar. Additional copies are free for members and $25.00 for non-members.
Course Materials: Course materials/texts are included in the registration fee.
Credit Hours: All scheduled classroom hours must be attended in order to receive credit.
Exam Retake Policy: There is only one retake of an exam allowed if you do not pass the original exam. (You may retake the National USPAP 15 hour course exam two times for a total of three attempts.) Exam retakes must be scheduled within 3 months of the original exam. There is a $50 exam retake fee for non-members. Call the MBREA office at 617-830-4530 for an appointment. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will receive allotted hours of class credit.
Calculator Required for Class: A calculator is highly recommended any income property seminars.
Class Cancellation/Postponement Information: Please be sure to include an emergency (mobile) telephone number and email on your class registration form so that MBREA staff can reach you if a class must be cancelled or postponed. Weather-related class cancellations will also be posted on the homepage of this website and students will be contacted directly through email.
Refund and Cancellation Information
This policy applies to classes, events or programs provided by MBREA unless otherwise stated in a class description on this website or in printed materials. These policies apply due to the fact the MBREA makes financial commitments necessary to schedule and conduct the class.
Course Cancellations by the MBREA
- Classes are subject to change and/or cancellation on short notice due to low enrollment, inclement weather, and other reasons.
- Class registrants are notified of any cancellations by email and/or phone.
- For questions about class status, please email MBREA at email@example.com.
- To cancel your registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you registered for a free class, please inform us if you are unable to attend.
- You must cancel your pre-paid registration at least five business days prior to the class to receive a full refund.
- If MBREA cancels a class, a full refund is granted.
- Eligible registration fees are refunded within two weeks after notification is received.
- A $75 processing fee is charged for cancellations with less than five business day notice (prior to class start date).
- Once classes have begun, refund requests are honored only when a medical problem prevents you from attending the class. A written note from your doctor must accompany the request. Your refund will be prorated based on the number of classes you attended (if applicable). A $75 non-refundable processing fee applies.
- Eligible registration fees will be refunded within two weeks after notification is received.
- If your registration is not canceled 48 hours prior to the start of your session, no refund is given.
- All tuition is forfeited for no shows except for cancellations for medical reasons. The MBREA will bill students who register for the class if payment has not been received, and the student is a no show.
- Requests to transfer to another class must be received five business days prior to the class transferring out of to receive full credit for tuition paid.
- Transfer requests received with less than five business days’ notice will receive a credit equal to 50% of the tuition paid.
Please note that these policies and information are applicable only to the following locations: Hampton Inn - Braintree, North Shore Hotel - Danvers, Cape Cod and the Islands Associationof Realtors, Southeastern MA Association of Realtors - Taunton, and any other Hotel held event. Please contact our Education Partners to get their policies and general registration information.
MBREA seeks to provide our students a positive and effective learning experience. Doing so requires asking you to respect and follow these guidelines:
- State education regulations require us to monitor the amount of time you spend in the classroom. Absences that extend beyond scheduled breaks and lunch may result in our inability to provide you with credit for the class.
- Please do not leave the classroom while the class is in session to make or receive telephone calls.
- Use of laptops during class is prohibited, except when used as part of the classroom instruction and their use is permitted by the instructor.
- Most locations have WIFI available however, there should be no internet use during class instruction time. Laptops are to be stored under the table while the class is in session.
- Please turn your cell phones off. If you are expecting an urgent call, please discuss this with the instructor before the class begins.
- During class, please do not accept or make telephone calls or receive or send text messages, emails or engage in other communications with business associates and others.
- Please do not have ongoing conversations with those near you or engage in other behavior that distracts from the class.
- Reading non-course/seminar materials, such as newspapers and books must be put away during class, unless they are being used in the class instruction.
- In the case of extraordinary circumstances or events not covered under these policies, the decision of the instructor and/or the MBREA will apply.