Start Date: 4/25/2018 8:30 AM EDT
End Date: 4/25/2018 4:30 PM EDT
Venue Name: Courtyard by Marriott
10 Campanelli Drive
MBREA|The Association for Valuation Professionals
Discounted pricing for members is available until Until April 17, 2018. Save $30 by signing up early.
FHA Property Analysis: A Primer for Appraisers
Effective September 14, 2015, most of the existing FHA handbooks, mortgagee letters, and other references formally used by lenders, appraisers, and other real estate professionals were superseded by a new, and more comprehensive Handbook titled: the FHA Single Family Housing Policy Handbook 4000.1.
Course Learning Objectives: After completing this unit of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognize an appraiser’s FHA requirements and protocol, and the specific legal requirements for compliance with Minimum Property Requirements (MPR) and Minimum Property Standards (MPS).
- Describe how to develop an FHA-compliant appraisal report.
- Explain specific protocol for property analysis including examining, evaluating, and reporting a variety of property components.
- Define how the income approach, cost approach, and sales comparison approach relate to FHA protocol.
- Apply FHA appraisal protocol to unimproved properties, leasehold interests, mixed-use properties, and properties with special energy efficient features.
- Prepare appraisal updates and the Market Conditions Addendum in compliance with FHA protocol, as well as compete appraisals for use by HUD.
Credit Info: This seminar is approved in CT, MA, ME (AQB Approved), NH, RI & VT for 7-hours of continuing education credit.
145 MBREA Members before April 18th
$175 MBREA Members after April 17th.
Instructor: Anthony Federico, RA