Part-time 20 hours per week
Compensation: $23.89 to $33.45 per hour
Eligible for fringe benefits (e.g., health, dental, pension, paid time off, etc.)
*Note this figure demonstrates the anticipated hiring range.
Candidate’s education, experience, and issues of internal equity will be considered.
Candidates are REQUIRED to submit a completed Town of North Andover Employment Application along with a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position. The Employment Application is available on the Town’s website here.
Responsible for collecting physical data on real estate parcels and buildings for the purpose of ad-valorem taxation. Assisting taxpayers with complaints or questions on their tax assessments, abatement applications, and exemption applications. Assisting with inquiries on motor vehicle excise taxes for the public and processing abatements. Ensuring compliance with Department of Revenue Guidelines for the Town’s Cyclical Inspection Program, Sale Review Inspections, Abatement Application Inspections, and building permit inspections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the inspection of all real estate parcels and buildings in the Town of North Andover for the purpose of completing the required cyclical Inspection Program set forth by the Department of Revenue.
- Enters collected data into the Computer Aided Mass Appraisal system.
- Performs other field inspections as necessary to evaluate the equitable valuations and assessments of properties in town.
- Prepares analytical and special reports for analyzing sales data, building permit reports, equitable neighborhood factors and view or location adjustments.
- Assists in some clerical functions for the assessing department which include but are not limited to Motor Vehicle Excise Tax Abatement Processing, Real Estate Abatement Processing, Personal Property Form of List filings, Commercial and Industrial Income and Expense returns and other mapping or taxpayer inquiries.
- Aids the Assistant Assessors with other departmental functions such as filing, electronic data entry, exemption processing and other data analysis.
- Reviews building and survey plans for accurate data collection efforts and assist other departments with necessary data requests.
- Performs other similar duties as responsibilities necessitate and/or as assigned or requested by supervisor.
||Town of North Andover
||North Andover, MA
|Posting Start Date:
Knowledge of appraisal techniques and methodologies. Technical skills in analyzing plans and construction information for valuation purposes. Completion of Primary Educational Courses with the International Association of Assessing Officers and the Massachusetts Association of Assessing Officers is preferred. Candidates will be required to successfully complete the following required courses: IAAO Courses 101 & 102, MAAO Courses 200 & 5 and the Nationally recognized USPAP 15-hour course. Progress toward a state designation of Massachusetts Accredited Assessor (MAA) within six years of appointment is required. Experience with Patriot (AssessPro) and MUNIS software a plus. Possession of a Massachusetts Residential Appraiser’s License or Massachusetts Certified Residential Appraiser’s License is advantageous.
- Multi-task and prioritize work.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Conduct inspections at various site conditions.
- Interpret rules, regulations, and policies and explain same to the public.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, elected officials, residents, and members of the general public.
- Appropriately safeguard confidential information.
- Exercise sound judgment.
- Oral and written communications.
- Customer service and problem-solving.
- Accurate collection, analysis, and reporting of data.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Some work is performed in the field and requires the ability to assess property in various terrains and requires stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling,
- Some work is performed under typical office conditions and requires the ability to use a computer and other standard office equipment requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity.
- lifting, grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing and may include light physical labor, including lifting objects up to 40 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to adverse weather conditions including extreme heat, cold, wetness, and humidity.
Supervision Received: Works under the general supervision of the Town Assessor.
Supervision Given: None.
Selections shall be made on the basis of qualifications, ability, and dependability. Formal application, rating of education and experience, oral interview, reference check, and job-related tests may be required.
All applicants are required to submit a resume, cover letter, and a completed Town of North Andover employment application by e-mail to: email@example.com, or by mail or hand delivery to Human Resources Department, Town of North Andover, 120 Main Street, North Andover, MA 01845. Resumes may be attached to the employment application but may not serve as a substitute for completing the required employment application. The Employment Application may be obtained on the Town’s website here, or by visiting the Human Resources Department, or by calling (978) 688-9526.
Applicants will be required to undergo CORI screening
||This listing expires on: 7/15/2022